Christmas In The Orthodox World




Tonight, millions around the world are celebrating the birth of Christ in the Eastern tradition, including my brothers and sisters in the Coptic Church.   For us, it is a solemn night, one that is filled with concern as the usual carefreeness of the Feast has been recently dampened by recent events.    As I said in my previous post on Christmas, there is an ever present Emmanuel, God is With Us, this very night.  And I wish my brothers and sisters peace, courage, and forgiveness, during these troubling times.

Here is a great slideshow from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12128728

Comments

  1. Wishing everyone a blessed Feast of the Nativity, filled with peace and joy from our Lord, God, and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

    Christ is born!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to be anonymous on this forum. Share your thoughts, whatever they may be, however, hostile language will not be tolerated.