A Place To Call Home



While I often attend the Coptic Church, sometimes I need to be in a place that's mentally and spiritually safer for me.  While we hold onto our traditions and the way we worship as something familiar and beautiful to us, it is also important to experience God's love in a community that recognizes and blesses us as well.  I'll never forget the first time I stood in a church where there were other gay people around, and they weren't crying and praying to be straight.   It impacted me for life.

We need to find community.  That is the intention of the gospel, to experience God with each other.    It's hard to be silent, although sometimes it is absolutely necessary.  Make sure you find a place where you can be safe, and trust me, the clubs and bars aren't the only places to find that safety.

For locals who are looking to worship in a place that's able to acknowledge and bless your existence, check out Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.   Check out their worship schedule.

If you're a fan of the Jesuits, you can also check out Blessed Sacrament Church in Hollywood

Comments